2012年6月11日月曜日

My Best 3 Designs in V&A British Design Exhibition


We went to V&A museum and watched British Design Exhibition on May 31st.



There are 3 galleries; the tension between tradition and modernity, the subversive impulse in Britain culture, and Britain’s leadership in design innovation and creativity in the exhibition.



I would like to tell you my favorite 3 designs in each galleries.



In the tradition and modernity gallery, I chose “The Flowers of the Fields of France” as my favorite design.


This is the evening dress which is made by Norman Hartnell(1901-1979) in 1957.



He made this dress, because Queen Elizabethwould wear it and visit to Paris in 1957.



It is designed using lots of gold beads, fasted glass, brilliants, and various pearls.



Also, the embroidered design includes miniature bees, grasses, wheat, and wild flowers.



It is so elegant that I think I wish I would wear such a dress someday.



According to the summary, these designs were expressed as French motifs like the flowers of France and large gold bees, the emblem of Napoleon.



It would appeal to praise the French nation and draw attention to the Queen.



I believe that it is well-designed because it was intended not just gorgeous designs but considered for France.



Next, in the subversive gallery, I thought “Peachy” made by Mary Quant (born 1934) in 1960 was the best design.

Dress - Peachy

Mary Quant is known as one of the famous designers in the world.



She tried to break with convention and made clothes for the young.



This wood and tweed dress is coloured vivid red and the length of the skirt is short.



I think such designs are absolutely stylish and functional at that time, because it is easier to move than any other dresses then.



That’s why the popularity of her designs has been kept even now.



I have some cute pouches and one-piece dresses designed by Mary QuantJ



Finally, I picked out “Classic Chicken House” made by Eglu Omlet in 2005 in the innovation and creativity gallery.

Image of Barn Farm Plants

It is made of plastic, so it looks very smart and innovative.



This design might not match in the farms, but it must be attracted our attention.



This is the very purpose for the good.



Nowadays, many young people have become indifferent to farming.



According to the summary, this chicken house was aimed at consumers increasingly concerned with issues such as animal welfare and food miles, and also appeals to environmentally aware the customers.


I believe these three works are very good ideas and designs.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿